Chicago’s experimental radio broadcast platform Radius invited me to present audio material that relates to a recent broadcast. I created a playlist with two performances of one of my works, and works by other artists which I admire and find kinship in their exploration of dualties in minimalism, something I also explore in my work through breath-type structures.
- Harrow/Dormant (Cuéllar) – performed by Jeff Gburek (Radius broadcast field recording, summer solstice 2011)
- Revision 9 – Jeff Gburek
- future blips – Saiko
- Kimpusenji Temple? Yoshino (near Nara) – Unknown Artist
- Pastoral Pause – John Levack Drever
- Other Double Music – Baudouin Oosterlynck
- LDM III – Werner Dafeldecker
- Voix Et Jeu De Flute – Laos (K’mu)
- Conversation – Meredith Monk
- Only – Joseph Clayton Mills
- Revision 2 – Jeff Gburek
- Harrow/Dormant (Cuéllar) – performed by Julia Miller (WNUR Airplay, 2011)
The programming is organized for the radio show Transmission Arts. The show features “artists at the forefront of the radio and sound art genres” (WGXC). The show includes an international and local roster of Distract & Disable, framework, Giant Ear))), Pirates Week, Radia, Radio Wonderland, The Shortwave Report, and Radius.
Sketchpad broadcasts on 90.7 fm every fourth Saturday of the month at 2pm EST in Greene and Columbia counties, New York on WGXC: Hands On Radio.
WGXC is a program of free103point9, a nonprofit arts organization that focus on defining and cultivating the genre of Transmission Arts since 1997.